- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- Chill Time
- 500g Doves Gluten Free self-raising flour
- 115g Cacao powder
- 267g Light Brown soft sugar
- 267g Granulated Sugar
- 2.5 teaspoons of bicarbonate soda
- 1.5 teaspoons of salt
- 1.5 teaspoons of espresso coffee powder
- 640ml Vegan buttermilk (640ml of soya milk with 2 tablespoons of lemon juice)
- 1.5 tablespoons of vanilla extract
- 240ml Vegetable oil
- 150g Ombar 72% Cacao (Melted & cooled)
- Extra 70g Ombar of your choice (we recommend Coco Mylk 😊)
- Edible flowers
Preheat your oven to 160 degrees.
Melt your Ombar by filling a pan with boiling water and placing a bowl full of choc on top. Alternatively, you can pop the chocolate in the microwave and melt in short 30 second bursts. Keep an eye on your Ombar to ensure it doesn’t burn.
Leave the melted choc to cool down.
Mix all the dry ingredients (gluten free self-raising flour, cacao powder, light brown sugar, bicarbonate soda, salt, espresso coffee powder) together in a large bowl.
In a separate bowl, make your vegan buttermilk by mixing soya milk with lemon juice.
Combine the buttermilk, vanilla extract and oil.
Add the dry ingredients to the buttermilk mixture and whisk.
Gradually fold in the melted, cooled Ombar.
Divide the mixture equally across three tins.
Bake your cake. After 35 minutes, poke the centre with a skewer. If it comes out clean, it’s cooked.
Decorate with generous amounts of Ombar and (optional) edible flowers.
This recipe will create enough cake to fill 3 8” cake tins. All credit goes to Abby at The Creative Bakery.