Vegan 3 Bean Chilli with Ombar
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- 4 medium sized sweet potatoes
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 large onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 diced jalapeños, seeds removed
- 3 tbsp chili powder
- 1 tsp chipotle powder
- 1 can (15 oz) black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 can (15 oz) kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 can (15 oz) pinto beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 can (28oz) diced tomatoes, with juices
- 15g Ombar 100% Cacao
- 1 1/2 cups water or vegetable stock and more if needed
- Salt & pepper, to taste
- 4 tbsp Coyo yoghurt (check these lovely guys out here)
- A few chilli flakes
- Avocado chunks
- Micro leaves (or normal sized leaves!)
Preheat the oven to 180c. Rub the sweet potatoes with olive oil, place onto a baking tray and bake in the oven until tender - approx 45 mins.
Heat the olive oil over medium heat and saute the onion for 7 minutes, or until tender and translucent. Add the garlic, jalapeños, chilli and chipotle powder and cook until fragrant, about 1 minute.
Add the beans, tomatoes, Ombar, and water/stock. Bring to boil, reduce heat and partially cover. Let simmer for 15 – 20 minutes or so, stirring occasionally. Add more water as needed. Taste for flavour, season with salt and pepper, and add anything else you feel it needs.
Serve piled high on top of the baked sweet potatoes and top with the Coyo, micro greens and chili flakes (if using).