- Prep Time
- Cook Time
For the pancakes
- 190g plain flour
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp agave/maple syrup
- 240ml plant milk of choice
- 125ml water
- 2 tbsp oil, *optional for oil free
- Vegan butter or coconut oil, to grease pan
- Nutcessity Nut Butter (we used Coffee & Walnut Treenut Butter)
- Ombar 72% Cacao, some grated and some chunks
- Maple syrup
- Chopped nuts
In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, salt and sugar.
Pour the milk, water and oil into the bowl with the dry ingredients, and stir with a large spoon until just combined. A few lumps are okay; try not to over mix or your pancakes won't be as fluffy.
Heat a large frying pan over medium-high heat. Grease the pan with vegan butter or coconut oil, and drop about 1/3 cup of the batter onto it. Cook until bubbles form, then flip and cook until golden brown on the other side, about 1-2 minutes. Repeat with all the remaining batter.
Serve with a drizzle of nut butter (we used Nutcessity), Ombar chocolate shavings and squares, maple syrup and some finely chopped nuts.